January 5, 2009

Christmas Extravaganza!

Okay, there's a lot of pictures. But come on, in ten years I won't be going through a million picture files to remember Christmas 2008. I will have to reference 'the blog.'

Christmas Eve morning we presented Jane with a very special gift. Dress-up drawers. Matt and I took a trip to D.I. together

and rummaged around for some wacky dresses that Jane might like to play dress-up in. We also snagged some hats and a tiara. Throw in a boa and shoes from the dollar store, and anything you can find around the house, and you've got yourself quite the dress-up collection. Well, Jane didn't seem to mind the frugalness.




At first Jane was excited about her dress-up shoes.



But then she realized the cheap plastic was cutting into her feet so she had to chose function over fashion.


The little princess requested a smoothie that morning but kept crying because she was getting an ice-cream headache.



But the morning was still a success!


On Christmas Eve we got together with the Sparkses, Sabins, Renae, Fred, Nate and Paris. We had a great Christmas Eve dinner, acted out the Christmas story, and did something called "the fish pond" only mega-style.

There was a gigantic fishing pole and the kids fished for presents over the balcony.


Jane looked on eagerly for her arriving present:


We stayed the night at the Sabins' on Christmas Eve so that we could enjoy a bona fide early Christmas morning with all the kids. Jane was pretty tired when we woke her up but she came around. She liked looking at all of the goodies in her stocking and was pretty excited to be consuming candy at 7 a.m. with her bed-head in all it's glory.




And Jane and Max had fun playing with her new pizza toy.


The morning after Christmas we "gave" Jane her new art table. Which meant I re-gifted her already existing adorable pink table given to her by Candis, and added a chair, paper, washable writing utensils, and an art apron made by Grandma Griner. It's become one of her favorite spots and a great way to keep her busy while I work in the kitchen.


Merry Christmas, Jane! I never would have thought putting your Christmas presents together would have been so much fun!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I love the dress-up drawer idea! Remind me to come to you when I have kids.

cara said...

Ella,
That is such a cute little art corner you put together!

(if you haven't read my other comment then: So excited for BL tonight)