August 24, 2007

Film vs. Digital

Recently, Matt talked me into letting him purchase an old-school all-manual film camera on Ebay for 35 dollars. I thought, why in the world would you want to take pictures on film when digital is so much easier, and what are we going to do with a bunch of prints we can't put on the computer? Come to find out they DO have a different quality to them. And more importantly you can even put them on your computer. I had no idea. Matt has fun taking pictures of the Little Gal and is always up for a photo shoot. I usually try to get out of the camera's way, but as you can see sometimes he's pretty quick on the draw. Enjoy! (or hate--no pressure).








8 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Hi guys! JJ sent me your link, these are SUPER cute pics! What kind of camera is it?

Ella said...

Lenessa, It's a Pentax K1000 with a 50mm lens. It's great to hear from you.

MomandDad said...

The pictures are adorable. Keep them coming. Love you.

Ashlee said...

Ella your hair is so long! I love it and am jealous :) Once again Jane is such a cutie.

Jenni said...

Hey Ella! I'm a blogger now, too. jennifrisby.blogspot.com I hope I'm not emotionally disturbed. I just have no backbone. And also, I can't get over that face Jane is giving you in that one picture. That is simply amazing!

Tshepo said...

Very cute! I know that I love my old 35mm SLR camera - I've got some great pics at the Everglades with it. We miss you! Here's my blog link http://tshepo-khuluma.blogspot.com/

K8 said...

Ella. Does Jane have red hair? Also, look how popular you are. I am poster #7! I am going to have to tell more people about my blog or else tell Ben Shaunie and the girls to step it up on the comments. :) Anyway, cute pictures and cute child and cute family. I'm ready to see more! :)

Clair Dickson said...

the photo of jane on the blanket could be enlarged on a canvas- love that one!!!-- Are you serious that matt just bought a pentax k1000?-- I have actually been toting mine along thinking of selling it-- I have had one since college- then had to replace it- that's just too funny- it is a good camera- maybe I should be inspired by matt and keep it around