Oh man, week after week I feel exhausted from all the school work so pulling out the computer to write a blog post hasn't been very appealing.
Hank has been going to 20 minutes of speech therapy each week. He's really been working on the "k" sound. He is doing really well but last week we started noticing that he kept referring to Jack as "his brother." I thought it was cute. Then one time Matt asked him once which brother he was talking about, Pete or Jack. Hank said, "My six brother." (meaning the brother whose six). We started cracking up but then realized he was avoiding saying Jack's name because he didn't want to have to worry about the "k" sound. Today, after finding a toy, he told Matt, "I can't wait to tell my brother who is six years old."
Just about every night Pete opens the front door and goes outside to find the moon. When he finds it he runs inside yelling, "Moon! Moon!" One night it was cloudy and he couldn't see it and he said, "Moon bwohten (broken)."
I overheard Jack and Hank playing with some transformer toys. Hank said, 'Transformer's don't have butts and wee-wees!" Jack said, "Yes they do or how else would they survive?"
Jack absolutely LOVES helping Matt with the yard/plant work. He helped him plant 40 seeds today. He got a tiny sunflower growing kit for Easter and has been checking it every day. He re-potted it today and is so excited. We were talking one time and Jack was telling me that he didn't know what he was going to be when he grew up. He said, "I can't learn to drive a car." I assured him that he would then he got an idea and said, "What's a job where you plant plants?" I suggest botanist, horticulturist. He suggested, "gardner." I asked if he wanted to plant fruits and veggies or flowers and trees. He said flowers and trees. We talked about landscapers and he said, "I want to be that." Then as he thought about it he asked, "What if someone wants me to plant weeds? I'll just say no." But then he explained to me that weeds are just any plant someone doesn't want in their yard. Then he asked, "Is every grass a seed?!" But I reminded him about how Matt uses a seed spreader and he seemed to relax a little.
Every Friday Matt and the kids get pizza. Matt is always trying to remind them not to throw away their pizza crusts because he will eat them. Jane kept throwing hers away and when Matt got frustrated Jane said, "You're just a mean guy that cares about pizza crust."
Sometimes Matt shows the kids little clips from real super-hero movies. So one night Matt asked Hank, "Do you want me to read that book or do you want to watch a clip?" Hank said, "Hmmmm.... let me think" as he put one finger against the side of his head. Then he said, "My brain said watch a twip."
Jack was talking about babysitting and he made a joke about sitting on babies. Hank joked along saying, "I got a baby and sat on it." Then he got a little sad and said, "Maybe a bad guy sit on poor wittle Pete."
Matt asked Hank which Ninjago episode he was watching. Hank said, "It's the one where the blue ninja turn into a snake, then he unlock his full potential."
Hank was in the tub dumping water on his head and watching the water sheet off of his hair. Then he said, "Dad, the more you dump water on your head, the more the water.............down on your head and you can see it."
Hank loves the word epic. He is always setting up his toys and having them engage in an "epic battle." They really are epic, too. One time Matt tried to video tape one but after 8 minutes of constant boy-noise/fighting whoosh noises he finally had to stop the video. He's even started using it for other things, "Oh! That was epic!"
Jack has been loving math lately. He got an old math workbook for being good at school and he was so excited. We downloaded some math apps that he really likes and he has made some math books and asked me to help him sell them.
Matt walked into the family room with one of the boy's toy guns and acted like he was shooting everyone. The boys tend to immediately get into character and go into attack mode. This time Hank said, "You're shooting your own son!"
Jane and I went on a long over-due girls night out. We went to see The Jungle Book and Jane talked me into a large popcorn (with extra butter) and a large drink. She loved the drink machine. You first select the kind of soda you went then you can add any fruit flavor add-in that you want. She got peach lemonade and it was, indeed, delicious. The movie was so fun. Then we went to Kneaders because I saw they had lemon-raspberry cupcakes that I knew she would love. The first Kneaders we we went to were all sold out because their baked goods are half off on Saturday's after 8. So I called another Kneaders and we rushed over and got some yummy treats. She really did love the cupcake!
No comments:
Post a Comment