September 23, 2015

Pete's been cute, and a Hank video

I almost talked Matt into posting for me this week, but it didn't quite happen.  I think he will soon, which should be as entertaining as always.  

But since I need to keep my goal of posting each week I am just going to jot down a few things and then leave you with the cutest video in the history of videos.

I was in the back of the house and didn't hear anyone knock on the door, or hear the kids let them in. It was a couple people from church and when Jack came to tell me he said, "Some people are here.  It's not bad guys I don't think."

A couple days in a row Pete leaked out of his diaper and Matt took him straight down to the bathtub.  The morning that he did NOT leak out of his diaper Matt tried to put a new diaper on him but Pete threw a fit and would not let it happen.  Finally, Matt realized that Pete wanted to go downstairs and take a bath first.  

Pete is in love with Sharon's new dog.  At first he just followed it around making an insane screamy/screechy noise.  I doubt Windsor (the dog), liked it very much.  But now he is following it around saying, "Doggy" so that's progress.

Pete is so funny the way he hardly communicates but totally knows what is going on.  I took out the trash one day and when he saw me getting the full trash bag out he immediately ran to the back door where I needed to go out to throw it away.  Then when I came back in he pointed up to the shelf where we keep the extra trash sacks.  Then he ran over to the empty trash can and waited for me to put it in.  Once it was in, Pete picked up the trash can and put it in the cabinet under the sink, then pointed to the band that we tie around the knob, which, ironically, is to keep Pete from getting in there.  Also, when Matt showed up at Sharon's house and Pete saw that everyone was eating he immediately started his loud babble talk (where he speaks really deliberately but it's complete jibberish) and ran to point down the stairs where Matt needed to go to go get his high chair.

I came across the idea for a great bedtime Beatles song for kids from a friend of mine.  I started singing it to Jack first.  "Love you forever and forever, love you with all my heart.  Love you whenever we're together, love you when we're apart."  He loved it.  I sang it to Jane, too, but Jack wasn't aware of that.  A few nights later I tried singing it to Hank in front of Jack but Jack got so upset.  He thought it was just our special song.  I ended up promising him that it would be just for us and had to come up with other songs for Jane and Hank.  Jane was very opinionated about it and eventually we settled on a song originally by Bob Dylan, although I was familiar with it from my high school days when the movie Hope Floats came out.  "When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case....I would offer you a warm embrace....to make you feel my love."  For Hank I settled on "What a Wonderful World."  Although, sometimes, I feel a little guilty singing to Hank about the colors in the world when I'm not quite sure how many of them he can see.  But anyway, he listened quietly for a couple weeks and then one night he started singing right along.  Here's a short little video of him signing the end of it.


2 comments:

MomandDad said...

Such a cute video of Hank

debra said...

I love that you have special songs for them. You're creating such amazing memories for them.