September 6, 2015

A few funny quotes

I can't quite remember too much from this week.  I think the kids have been relatively on time to school (a miracle), they've done homework, played with some friends, fought and played with each other, etc.  Friday night we went to Seven Peaks as it was Jack's turn to pick our Friday Fun night activity.  We weren't there very long but the kids managed to have fun.  I thought I'd just hang out at the kiddie pool with Pete and Hank and let Matt take Jane and Jack on some slides.  But as soon as they left Hank made it VERY clear that the only thing he wanted to do was to go on slides and he had no interest whatsoever if swimming in a baby pool.  He kept pointing at the biggest slides he could find and saying "That one!  I want to go on THAT one!"  So we packed up the stroller and began walking all over trying to find Matt.  I was really starting to worry we would never find them and poor Hank would have missed out on any fun at all.  But luckily we did and Hank got to go on a couple slides with Matt.  He had so much fun.

Hank said something about Matt being funny and I said something about how I can be funny sometimes, too.  Hank let me know the truth though, "Only dad funny."

I was in the van taking Hank to preschool and I was singing a song to myself.  Hank interrupted, "Make the van sing." (meaning turn on the real music).

Jane was completely out of books to read and since she likes to read for an hour each night I tried to come up with something.  I looked through my old books and got out Harry Potter number one.  I figured the first one couldn't be too scary.  She's started and loves it.  She's not too far yet, but she keeps complaining about how absolutely unfair the Dursley's are to Harry. :)

Hank has been excited about peeing standing up these days.  He calls it a "stand up pee".  He asked me if you can do a "stand up poo."  Keeping with the poo theme, one time he announced before flushing, "It's going to be a poo poo tornado!" Of course, from Hank it sounded more like, "It's going to be a poo poo tomato!"

Here's a little bin of Legos that Jack and Hank consider special.  I put them in a bin with a lid that has to be clipped down on the side because Pete is in the habit of tearing their Lego's apart.  But I kept finding minifigures with their heads pulled off, etc., and kept getting after the boys for leaving the bin open.  Then one day I watched Pete go up to the bin, pull up the green clip, open the bin, take out some Legos, close the bin, and walk away.

We started using a bedwetting alarm with Jack this week.  There is a sensor that gets clipped to his underwear that connects to an alarm clipped to his shirt.  It wakes him up when the sensor gets wet.  Luckily, he's actually been waking up.  So, he wakes up, disconnects the cord from the alarm to make it stop, walks down the stairs and gets one of us to help him.  Well, one early morning he had come down the stairs and Matt was asleep on the couch in the living room.  (For those of you that know Matt, this needs no explanation).  But Jack was a little frustrated to be standing there, tired, half wet, with Matt not waking up.  So, as the story was told to me, Jack stood by Matt's head and plugged in the alarm right in front of his face.  I couldn't stop laughing about it all day.

I've had a cold the last couple days and I wonder if Pete might be getting it.  He has been very mellow today.  He sat in his high chair after breakfast for an hour perfectly content just looking around.  When I finally took him down he just laid on me.  He didn't have his clothes on yet so we sat on the rocking chair and I rocked him while stroking his back.  His laid his cute little face on my shoulder and I could feel his little baby breath on my neck.  It brought back so many memories of rocking my babies, and of rocking Pete in that very chair for three days when he had RSV as a baby.  Any time I would slow down the rocking he would rock his body against me to tell me to get with the program.  I happily obliged and kept thinking about how many, if any, moments I would have like this before he was too big and too busy to lay his cute little head on my shoulder to be rocked.  I am very thankful to have had the experiences I've had.

1 comment:

MomandDad said...

I couldn't stop laughing about Jack and the alarm. Enjoy those kids. They are precious