![]() |
| Hank was disappointed to find our Costco cart had a "broken H" on it. |
Something that is funny about having boys is that as far as I can tell they use a universal zhushing/bvooshing sound for all of their boy play: guns firing, swords swinging, superheroes flying, cars vrooming, rockets taking off, autobots transforming; they all get a bvoosh or a zhush.
Hank is starting to try to get his way by talking very sternly/grumpily. So if he doesn't want to eat his banana, he'll furrow his brow and real grumpy-like say, "I don't want to eat it!" Then he'll totally change his tune, relax his face and nicely say, "Alright, mommy?"
Hank is so funny the way he is always apologizing. While I love that he apologizes it makes me laugh the way he thinks that it instantly absolves him of any wrong-doing. So a familiar scene is Jack coming to me, crying, because Hank hurt him (sometimes on purpose, many times on accident). And Hank is always trailing right behind saying, "I sorry I do that." And then he always follows up with, "I said, 'I sorry I do that.'"
Matt got Jane a yogurt with a plastic kid spoon but Jane wanted a metal spoon. Matt tried to talk her into just using the plastic spoon and said, "This way you won't clank your teeth." But Jane insisted on a metal spoon so when Jack saw Matt hand her a metal spoon he said, completely serious, and solemnly"You're going to clank your teeth."
I found out something about how Jane is doing at school this year. Last year it seemed like her teacher would get easily frustrated with her chatting and how she struggles moving on to a new task if she wasn't finished with something. But this year it seems like Jane can do no wrong. Her teacher sings her praises and then Jane just told me that she is always the one the teacher asks to do things. I thought she meant handing out papers and the like. But apparently she does things like give other students their spelling tests if they were absent, or she'll be asked to walk other students through assignments they don't understand. I think it's so funny what a difference the teacher's perspective can make. Jane said she kind of likes helping, but sometimes not. :)
Matt put a baby swing up for Pete. Pete isn't so sure about it. But Jack and Hank have been loving it.



1 comment:
I love Jacks smile. Jane sounds like she is doing great.
Post a Comment