January 12, 2015

Nearly losing my mind

Pete has really started to love walking this week.
Well, we are 11 days into January and I am nearly losing my mind.  Matt is working on a project that we both would really like for him to finish so we decided he would just work late until it was done.  I was thinking like, five days or something.  Well, that started on December 26th and he's been home maybe three nights? (New Year's Eve, Sundays and Tuesday when I had a meeting).  At first I was doing ok.  And then Pete started teething and school started and chaos ensued.  I am lucky to get homework done and kids to bed by 10pm.  At which point I am so excited I just crash on the couch and wait for Matt to get home at midnight before I go to bed.  I am hoping to get in a better frame of mind this week though.  And by better frame of mind I mean, my goal is to have fewer tardies, like maybe not the 4 out of 5 tardies that Jane got this past week.

Jane really has loved the Little House series.  She struggled with Farmer Boy to which I said, "Oh, everyone skips that one."  At least I did.  I always thought it was boring.  But I've noticed that book four or five, I can't remember, has been sitting on her nightstand for a super long time.  I asked her if she was reading it and she said, "I don't know.  I can't really get into it.  All of a sudden there's a baby Grace, and like, Mary is blind....."  So funny.  Baby Grace and Blind Mary really do come out of nowhere.

One night, must have been back when I was actually getting the kids to bed around 9, I heard some noises upstairs at about 10:30.  I peeked into Jack and Hank's room and Jack was asleep but Hank was nowhere to be found.  I looked into Jane's room and Jane was asleep on the bed and Hank was bouncing around her.  What a nut.

In addition to Pete's amazing hugs he also likes to give kisses.  Only his kisses are open-mouthed and he insists on his tongue being involved.  So, obviously, I try to get away with just kissing his cheek, or giving him a quick kiss on his top lip before he can french me.  But he will have none of it.  He will not give up until tongue has made contact.  Love him, but, eww.

One night Jane was reading a book called something like, "The December Dog Mystery".  It was nighttime but I had to sneak upstairs to ask her a question.  She was startled when I came in and then told me, "I'm at a scary part.  Their dog is missing and they don't know what happened.  But, and here's what is spooky, they found a snowy footprint outside their door."  She was legitimately spooked.  Cracked me up.  She asked me to sit with her but I said, Sorry, girl, I've got a date with the couch and Netflix.  You'll have to brave that snowy footprint all by yourself.

Jane and Jack have been playing Barbies together and I LOVE it.  Jane has never really even been into Barbies but now that Jack is Ken/Prince Charming/Gaston they are having fun.  I heard Jack, being Gaston, ask, "Do you think I'm handsome?" In this video he says something a little different.  He also crushes Gaston with Prince Charming and plays with Barbies in a more stereotypical "boy" way.  :)


1 comment:

MomandDad said...

Just hang in there. There are good days and bad days on our journey thru life. Enjoy the good days.