
The kids had a fun halloween this year. Last year, if you remember, they had to trick or treat to our own house doors repeatedly thanks to an ill-timed stomach bug.
Jane seemed to enjoy the spookiness of it this year. She said she wanted to go trick or treating when it was dark so it could be "spooky." And when some older cousins put on a small Halloween bash she said that Sam's "was so freaking scary she almost freaked her head off." But she said it with a smile.
I made Jane a deal that I would buy her a cowgirl costume if she would wear it for both her cowgirl birthday party and Halloween. So she kept her promise.
I thought for weeks about what Jack should be. I figured this may be the last year I get to choose myself what he should be and I didn't want to waste it. But I wanted it to be something that made sense for him. His only real interest so far in his short life is vehicles yet he wouldn't know what a race car driver looked like. Then I remembered he had one other love in life-pizza. The only food he really gets excited about and will eat in abundance. So I picked up some felt and whipped up an easy costume in one afternoon.
The weather was great and we didn't even need coats this year. After a few houses Jack weighed in with his thoughts on the activity, "This is fun, huh? Knock on doors. Have candy."
Two years ago Jane went to just a few houses and said she was done. This year she was all business. If I tried to skip a house she wouldn't let me. She wanted to go to all of them. We had pretty good success.

Awww, what a good mom to include this photo even though ol' fat-face decided to visit me early this pregnancy.

The kids enjoyed their loot and we were all three exhausted!
5 comments:
They are SO cute!! :) Love you guys!!
fat-face huh? you make me laugh. I thought you make a very pretty pregnant lady. especially next to your cute pizza and cowgirl. pizza was definitely more awesome than a horse. good job.
You did well Ella. Those two are so cute
Very good. I hope you got some candy that the kids hate. Oops, I forgot, you like the kid stuff. I always get anything with nuts. It comes in handy.
the pizza costume turned out so cute! Here's to making our kids wear odd get ups unbeknownst to them for our own amusement!
Post a Comment