
(look, blogging while pregnant)
Well, it's been a couple months since I've mentioned anything pregnancy related. I guess to be perfectly honest it's because there really isn't anything to say. (although the purpose of this post is to recall any minor detail that I can). I don't really feel like my life has been impacted from this pregnancy yet. Well, the first trimester of course was more obvious with some night insomnia, yet feeling tired all the time, and occasionally feeling yucky. I actually did throw up once. It was the day after I had flown to North Carolina to visit my friend. We were driving and I had to tell her to pull over immediately. The only other time I threw up while pregnant was with Jack and I was flying in a plane when some turbulence hit. Anyway, since the first trimester I must say this pregnancy has been a breeze, which, trust me, I'm thankful for.
My OB visits last about 5 minutes. They ask if I have any questions or concerns, I say no, so then they try to come up with a couple specific questions probably just to make the appointment seem more legit, then we listen to the heartbeat, then I leave.
I must be a little more emotional though because the other day I started crying when Jack spilled his applesauce when we needed to be leaving, while at the same time I remembered his car seat wasn't in the car yet. Jane asked me, "Mom, why are you crying? Is it for no reason because sometimes pregnant people do that?"
I would have to admit that the hardest part of pregnancy for me is simply the gaining weight part. But really, does anyone love that? This pregnancy has been pretty much identical to the others as far as weight gain goes, but for some reason I have gone through periods of feeling so yucky about it. One day Jane said to me, while admiring my new figure, "Mom, you're skinny." I figured she didn't know what skinny meant--first of all because of the context, and secondly because we've always tried to avoid talking about fat or skinny in front of her. So I asked her, "What does skinny mean?" She said, "It means that you have more skin than anyone else." Ah, yes, that makes more sense.
But this pregnancy has been wonderful in many ways. Feeling the baby move is, of course, always special. I feel like this baby doesn't move quite as much as the others. I like to think that it means he'll be a really chill baby who likes to sleep all night long. We'll see how that theory stands up. Either way I'm really looking forward to meeting this guy. It's the first time for us to have a gender repeat and I'm having a hard time picturing a boy that is different than Jack. So it's exciting to think about what other kind of boy we could produce.
And sharing the pregnancy with the kids has been really fun. One time Jane was talking about how big my belly was getting. I told her it was going to get a lot bigger. She said, "What if it gets so big it fills the whole house?!" I just laughed but Jane said, "I would NOT live here!" Jane likes to feel the baby move. But sometimes it takes too much patience. She's a little more inquisitive about how getting the baby out works. I've heard her excitedly tell people that she's going to have TWO baby brothers. For awhile there, after my belly really started showing, I couldn't walk into a room without Jane greeting my belly with hugs and baby talk. After hugging me good night, she would have to hug the baby good night. It was cute, but it's settled down a bit by now. I'm really looking forward to her meeting him.
Even Jack is starting to catch on to what's going on. One time he was snuggled up with me on the couch, with his legs against my belly. The baby made a really big move and he looked down so surprised. I told him it was the baby and he excitedly said, "Baby...move.. my legs!" If you ask him who's in mommy's tummy he'll say, "Hank!" You know, just like Jane would call Jack "Hank" in the womb. Remember this drawing from when I was pregnant with Jack?

Well, hopefully we won't change the name at the last minute again because both the kids are pretty set on it this time. But we also called Jane Sophie in utero, though, so our record would suggest otherwise. But this time we can't come up with any other options, so I'm thinking he'll be a Hank. I should probably throw a baby name book into the hospital bag though.
Anyway, onto some pregnancy pics. Matt got a new camera lens and was begging me to cooperate so he could try it out. So I finally figured I should take advantage of the fact that I actually had make-up on and let him snap some pics. This is at 28 weeks. (I'm now 30.5 for the record).

7 comments:
Ella, you look SUPER cute! Can't wait to meet little baby Hank. Its a great name!
Will he just be a Hank, or will he be a Henry turned Hank like Jack is really John? Now I'm doubting myself. Hank is a nickname for Henry, right?
Ha. Yes, he'd be a Henry Hank.
You look beautiful Ella!
You look adorable! And I love Jane's definition of "skinny." Love it!
I love this post and the pictures! You look great and your kids always have adorable things to say.
you're so beautiful! <3
Post a Comment