First, there has been an addition to our family. It's this beauty.
We survived for 3 years without a dishwasher. Then someone mercifully told me about portable dishwashers. So I checked KSL (Utah's craigslist) for days waiting for the perfect (cheap) used portable dishwasher. And that's how this baby joined our family. Wow. Talk about convenience! Within seconds I can have all of our meal's dishes rinsed and put away. Gone are the days of dirty dishes piling up and snarling at me every time I walk into the kitchen.
We also had another big change. After weeks of seeing Matt work day and night preparing for and teaching his new classes at the Art Institute, and more specifically, seeing that the paychecks that were coming were hardly covering half of our expenditures I knew the time had come. It was a fun four years, but I'm a (part-time) working woman again. I have thought to myself and said to others for as long as I can remember that, I would sacrifice a lot in order to stay at home with my children. So this decision was not made lightly. I searched job websites for weeks hoping and praying for the perfect job that would somehow still allow me to stay at home with my children during the day, still make dinners for my family, and still tuck my kids in bed at night. Apparently, a job like that is hard to come by. Then I remembered a job that a friend had told me about almost 6 months ago. I feel as if this job was made exactly for me. So, now I work at Eleutian. It's a company headquartered in Wyoming, with a branch in Provo, that teaches English to international students, primarily in Asian countries. There are lots of different teaching situations you can sign up for with students ranging from elementary to adult. It's fun, they treat their workers really well, and everyone I've met within the company is really nice. And best of all, my hours range from 10pm-2am. After 3 months I'll even have the option of working from home. So, yes, I'm sleepy, but I'm home! And I'm trying very hard to sacrifice the "extras" in my life and stay on top of the "essentials." I like to think that with my Google Reader currently at 288 new items to read, and a full DVR, I am doing a pretty good job. I'm so grateful to have found a job that I like and that fits so well into our family.
Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!
4 comments:
Happy for you Ella. Sounds like just the right thing right now.
SO great! I am so glad you're living the life of a woman with a dishwasher!! WOOT! Nothing compares. And...the job sounds like a lot of fun, and a great blessing. You are so fabulous to work so hard on the things that matter most to you. I should take a page out of your book.
Ella, you are amazing!
Congrats!! We are behind I guess...we never know anything but your incredible!! If anyone can pull it all together your name is definitely at the top of my list!
Post a Comment