I also missed a Jane post on the 5th. I just haven't been into the blog world lately. But then Jane told me 3 times today to sit up straight. The third time I noticed her staring at my gut so I asked her why she wanted me to sit up straight. She said, "So you don't look funny." I asked, "What looks funny?" She pointed to my belly spilling out over my jeans (remember how I hate wearing jeans) and said, "that sticking out." So, there's nothing like a little slap in the face from my 3 year old to inspire me to write on the blog.
Other Janeisms lately include:
I walked into the room and Jane kind of jumped in surprise, she said, "You stobbered me!" I think she meant startled.
Jane found out that having red eyes could mean your tired. Now she tells me DAILY that I look tired. One day she went so far as to say, "You have creepy red eyes."
I told Jane that she would be turning four soon. Then she went on to say that after four she would be five. And then she said, "Then I'll be six. When I'm six I can go into the business room. That's where people doos (sic) business."
Jane likes to sleep with the door open about 2 inches. When I say likes to I mean she would die if the door was shut. Recently she requested that there be more light outside her door. So we've been leaving the bathroom light on at night. Sometimes we forget and turn it off. Sometimes we just close the door when you're using the bathroom. Either way, she notices in about one minute and will come out of her room and ask why we turned the light off. I don't know when she ever sleeps.
I had to take some papers to a doctor's office. Jane asked why we were going to the doctor and I said, "I need to turn in this paper." She was appalled, "You won't turn into paper!"
While putting Jane to bed she asked for food. I told her the kitchen was closed. She said, "No it's not because it doesn't have a door!"
One time Jane was getting decked out in her dress up gear and said ever-so-sweetly to Matt, "I'm the fairy beautiful princess, and you look dumb."
One day Matt walked in on a scene of Jane laying down on the floor with fake food strewn about. Jane said, "Cinderella died because she ate too much corn and chips and lemon juice. So kiss her, PLEASE!"
Jane told Matt that she was going to borrow Sleeping Beauty from Candis and asked him if he would like to watch it with her. She reassured him vehemently, "The scary parts are just for pretends, I promise they're not real. The scary parts are not real."
Out of the blue Jane said, "I like Jack but I hate what he does." That made me sad and I asked, "What does he do?" She said, "He pushes me when I push him." So I said, "Well, then, you should hate what you do." She said in all sincerity, "I do hate what I do."
So, I told Jane that when Jack gets bigger he will do all the things to her that she does to him because she's teaching him to do those things. It made a remarkable difference. She rarely pushes him anymore, and has been a lot more patient with him taking her stuff. But she's also pretty worried the damage is already done. One time she was worrying about it and said, "I don't want Jack to grow bigger and just hit me."
Here's some shots of Jane that Matt captured this month.







6 comments:
Jane is so adorable. So glad you blogged. I've been checking everyday. I love your blogs and it helps me keep in touch with you all and see how our little grandkids are doing. We love you so much.
LOVE her! So many laughs! I have to read Jane posts when I'm 100 percent focused so I can thoroughly enjoy them and not miss anything. :)
Thanks for the udate. Jane is so precious. Of course, Olivia, Paul, Faith, Seth, Aubrey, Caleb, Ainsley, Tate, Paris and Jack are precious too. Love to all.
I was so excited to see a three next to your name on reader today :) Great as always. Loved the Cinderella/sleeping beauty reenactment and the comment about Matt looking dumb. I wish I could tell Jackson he was teaching Anna to do things when she was older and it would have any effect at all. She is a riot. I love her expression in that black and white pic.
Oh that Jane. You should help her understand that fat over the jeans is a good thing. :) nice blog, glad i could catch up now that I've got internet again.
I LUV the pics u get of jane. Shes is always in motion and to me she will always b my little fairy.
Post a Comment