March 28, 2010

March Pictures

I started out strong. I faded towards the end. And I'm totally cheating. Some days I take pictures of a couple different things. Some days I don't take any. But you'll never know. I am just going to throw the extras in randomly. Hey, it's my 365 project and I'll do it my way!

1. Jack takes a dip in the kitchen sink. It still wasn't good for me to bend down over the bathtub but this kid desperately needed a bath. Enter the kitchen sink. He loved it. Well, he only lasted a few minutes before he was trying to climb out to play with the dirty dishes that were to the right.
2. Jane thinks Jack is her little toy, there to amuse her whenever she desires.


3. Jane has taken to drawing princesses: dress with flowers, crown, and earrings.
4. This is the 11th picture out of 13 that Candis and I tried to take of ourselves. I had no idea how disfigured I look when laughing hysterically. I may or may not have lost control of my bladder just a teensy tiny bit.

5. There's not too much to be happy about when it snows in March but I was so pleased I could finally help Jane make a snowman this season since my herniated disc had prevented that since November. In the second picture she had just taken a bite of the carrot nose. It's surprising she chose the nose considering the eyes were lollipops and the mouth was a candy cane.

6. Do you ever pile all of your clean laundry on the couch so you can't sit down until it's folded?
7. My alarm is usually Jack crying or Jane tapping me on the shoulder. One morning I woke up to hearing the kids playing together. Jack had just pulled Jane's hair in this picture.

8. Finally a nice day. Jack didn't like crawling on the grass. And he didn't like that I couldn't give him a bubble to play with.
9. Jane took a spill on the concrete. Finally, an owie big enough to warrant the amount of screaming she usually produces.

10. We took a trip to Primary Children's Hospital. Not for Jane's owie. It wasn't that bad. Jack saw a specialist about his unique head shape. But he got the "all-clear." Actually he got the, "His face will probably grow into his head" line from the craniofacial specialist.
11. We went to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheeses. Jane spent her time on the pink carousel horse and Jack spent his time eating baby food.

12. Poor Jack got stuck under the bed and instead of helping him I took the time to snap a picture. He managed to free himself but doesn't look too happy with me.

13. An evening walk with the girls. It had been a long time. And it hasn't happened since. But it should.
14. One hat is often not enough for Jane.

15. I made Jane this bubble skirt from an 18-month toddler dress that had stains on the bodice. She loved it along with the matching headband.
16. Matt practices his chess skills. A common scene.

17. Happy St. Patrick's Day to our 3 munchkins. Jack is the oldest...and the smallest.
18. Jane dresses up as a princess with a toy duck and wad of toilet paper in her purse. That's all a princess needs.
19. Don't leave your shoes near the high chair or they will be in the line of fire. Yes, they are from Wal-Mart and yes, they really are that cute.
20. Jack's first bad hair day. His hair seems identical to Jane's. A little bit red, but mostly bald.

21. Shed Day! Remember all that stuff on our lawn? This picture may look cluttered, but trust me, it's beautiful! Everything on the back shelf is stuff we don't need to get to. Everything else is stacked only 2 bins high, AND we can fit both jogging strollers in the shed, and Jane's bicycle in the front!
22. We planned on having a picnic but by the time we were ready it was cold and windy. We had it inside instead. Mmmm...hummus. Jack wants some too.

23. Jane never went through one of those phases where she undressed herself all the time. Jack has already started trying.
24. Jane's current favorite thing to do: watch Cinderella.

25. Jane and I made some roads with popsicle sticks. She wanted them to lead to a house, store, playground and temple.
26. I went to get Jack from his nap and he was playing with his pants. See?

27. Painting time! I can spot a brown rose with a pink stem.

28. I really wanted a mesh bag to hang in the shower for when I shower at the Legacy Center after swimming. I couldn't find one so I took apart a 50 cent body pouf. It worked wonderfully. It was already in a tube shape and is super stretchy for getting the things out.

29. Jack loves to get into all of my kitchen cupboards. Look, his belly actually hangs over his diaper a bit. His first tiny bit of chub.

30. Jane and I have started some "activity jars." I saw it here. You see, hers is an arts and crafts jar. But as usual I have to take a good idea and make it insane by overdoing it. So we have an outside activities, inside activities, arts and crafts, and seasonal crafts jars. Jane gets really excited to pick the slip of paper. And it really helps me to actually do all of the ideas that I bookmark in Reader. Here are a couple we've done. Making silly faces with cut out features from magazines. And decorating paper Easter eggs. She loved doing the eggs. She worked on them a long time.

31. When it snows on March 31 there's nothing left to do but make sweet potato pancakes. Jack was more than happy to chow down. What's that in the last picture? A tooth on top? Go ahead, look closely. Can you spot the three other gum-covered white spots that are stealing all of my sleep?

See you in April!

9 comments:

Christina said...

Another walk definitely needs to happen soon. Love the pic of our 3 boys. And cute skirt for Jane!

Molly said...

I love all the pictures, but I have to say I am most impressed by the mesh bag. Ingenious.

Megan said...

Oh dear Ella...you feed your children hummus?? My sweet little Tyler just finished downing a whole baggie full of M&M's. How do you feel about that?

Laura Read said...

I loved receiving your list, so here is mine:
1. We just sit on the laundry in our house.
2. Jane is an excellent artist. I'm very impressed with her drawing skills.
3. Jack's head doesn't look like a unique shape to me. It looks like a head!
4. I love the popsicle stick road. You are clever and so is your daughter.

Laura Read said...

And Meg, you're hilarious.

The Griner Family: said...

I love this post. I love the laundry picture...that is what the couch our front room looks like now. I think Jack's facial features are just perfect! I just love this entire blog. All the crafts you do with Jane...incredible. You are such a good mom!

Clair said...

1- i thought jack had just dived into a bowl of spaghetti but after reading a comment i guess it was just built up over time. 2- looking good in pink! 6-yes and dave puts it on the floor in the evening when he lounges out. 15- the bubble is back?! cool. 30- once an overachiever, always an overachiever ;) good job on the pics!

Candis Ellis said...

so many things to love about this post...of course.

First, I was really worried which picture you were going to chose from our 'photo session'. I really expected the "excuse me, I'm on my iPhone" one so I was pleasently surprised.

I really look forward to the genious that your children will exude when the are grown...all thanks to you. It's pretty awesome.

Let's get doing some crafting together, please. I need to sit at your awesome crafting center with you soon. AND we definitely need to go walking on a regular basis.

Okay, I win for biggest comment. Did I mention that your kids are really cute?

Kate said...

I am so happy to see another 365. Another thing that makes me happy: when I know some of the things that you post about. That's how I know we are really friends :) And how cute the 3 of you with your little boys!! You guys must have serious fun together. And nice job on the bubble skirt.