Since we have no pictures to post I figured I better make up for it by writing a thousand words (sorry so long).
Do you remember long ago, before digital cameras, the feeling of needing to finish a roll just so you can get your pictures developed? Well, those are the feelings I have been dealing with. Since Christmas we just haven't gotten the camera out so we still haven't gotten our pictures developed. And no pictures=no blog posts. But when I realized it has been four weeks since our last post and all of my many, many die-hard fans must be in anguish with no new post to read I decided that I'd have to come up with SOMETHING to write about.
Christmas has come and gone. I was most sad about having to take down our Christmas decorations. I was least sad that all of the holiday parties were over. Although they were fun I was starting to get worn out and starting to get really tired of eating junk. (Yes, I realize I could've stopped eating that junk at anytime, but then I would've felt like a scrooge.) We had plans to drive up to Sandy for our Christmas Eve party but the snow had made the roads so bad that we couldn't make it! How sad. Thankfully, we were able to get together with Matt's sister that lives in our same town. We stayed the night there so we could enjoy seeing their children on Christmas morning. Jane got lots of goodies and she's really been enjoying them. Her favorite? A soccer ball.
After Christmas Jane and I got the flu. I only threw up once, thank heavens, but it was a violent, backsplash in the face, kind of throw up session. Jane acted like throwing up was no different than sneezing. She showed no sign it was coming, let it come out, and then went on her way. There was lots of cleaning up.
Speaking of cleaning up...I recently changed my house cleaning routine. I used to assign all the tasks to certain days, such as sweep and mop on Monday, dust on Tuesday, clean microwave, stove, oven, fridge, on Wed, bathroom on Thurs, etc. But I have found that it is so much more fun to just have one big cleaning day. I usually get started in the morning and I MIGHT finish by dinner. Sounds boring, but the secret lies in the ipod. Cleaning to music is much more fun. And Jane likes to tag along behind me with her own rag and sponge. In fact anytime she sees a washcloth or the like, she asks for it. Then she balls it up into her hand and walks around "wiping down" everything. But of course I get most of my work done during nap time. I LOVE nap time.
My favorite Christmas present came from my landlord. I had informed him that the oven in our duplex was such an old model that the outside of it would get burning hot when it was turned on. I politely explained that we have a toddler who could get badly burned. And then I received a glorious brand new GAS stove and oven. It is a beauty. I love it. I love cooking with gas stoves. And I really love the broiling aspect of a gas oven. You broil your food underneath the oven which is underneath the flames (not electric wires). So in my mind it is exactly like grilling, just upside down. I really don't know how I'm ever going to live without that oven. In fact, I love that oven so much that I found myself thinking "I wonder how many children I could fit into this duplex before we'd have to move." But then I remembered that Matt would like to move on to California sooner than later. I'm still hopeful that it will be quite awhile though.
Other good news? I'm starting to hear little squeaks and pops in my ear! I finally went to an ENT specialist about my broken ear and he said I had granulation tissue growing near my ear drum. He gave me an ear drop that should take care of it. He's hoping once that is taken care of that the ear drum will start working properly, and that once the ear drum is working better that the Eustachian tube will open back up. And out of the blue I've just started hearing some little noises in there which might mean some air is starting to get into that tube. Yippee!
Ok. last thing. Jane is obsessed with Daddy! At first I thought it was cute, and in fact, enjoyable. It was nice that Jane would ask for Daddy to sing to her at night instead of me. If she was fussy I would just have to get dad in her view and then I could simply say "Well, she wants you." But now I'm sad! It's fine that she loves dad but does she really have to bawl and arch her back when mommy has to hold her? When Dad comes home it's like "Yay, Daddy hold me!" When I come home it's like "Oh, there's that lady again." And then the other day when Matt was holding her I asked Jane for a kiss. I leaned in and she pushed me in the face! I acted dramatic about that and Jane thought it was hilarious. So I kept asking and she kept pushing. Then Matt asked her for a kiss and she kissed him of course. Since that day as soon as I mention a kiss Jane pushes me in the face. It is SO sad. It's not so bad when Matt is out of the house. She acts like she loves me then. But when Daddy is home, mommy can take a hike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad for the update. It was getting very discouraging checking the blog for something new. :) Glad your hearing seems to be returning.
You will have to let me know how the big cleaning day pans out over time...so what do you do the rest of the week? I'm sure you are not twiddling your thumbs- I know there's always stuff to do and constant fires to put out, diapers to change, etc. Do you plan anything fun to reward yourself for getting all your cleaning done in one day? Do tell, I will be considering changing my schedule.
Jane being partial to Matt is probably just a phase and she will likely pick you in a week or two. Then you will be wishing you had a moment of freedom. And so it goes. I remember when Dave got back from Korea- the kids wanted him for everything- bathtime, bedtime songs, helping with this or that. No arguments here. I would just be like, "Dave, they're calling you! or "You are being requested!" hee, hee
A housekeeping book I love is called Sink Reflections. It has really worked for me. Well, not today...okay, maybe not so much...hmmm. Anyway. Isn't it weird how kids throw up so easily? Eliza practically throws up when she sneezes. How's the marathon training going? You're my hero, I have no desire to ever do more than a half.
Ella, I already know that my kids are going to "push me in the face" every time Christian is around. Kids naturally love him and forget I'm around when he's in the room. I'm preparing myself mentally...
You should push her back.
I loved your thousand words. I should refrain from my lazy post a picture and write two words habit. Jane's helping is so funny. Whenever I sweep and mop I have to go borrow my neighbors broom and mop so my son can "help" too.
Love reading your blog. Jane is such a cutie. I miss her so much. Of course I miss you and Matt too. Kids are great. Cherish the memories. Believe me they grow up and change so fast and then they're gone. Only a grandma would say that.
Post a Comment