September 23, 2007

UTAH, Here We Come!

It's official. We're moving to Utah. In fact, we'll be there in about a week. We'll be living around the Draper area I think. We will probably be living in a house that will be up for sale. That means that when the house sells we will be moving again. If it sells before December I will have the privilege of saying we have moved 4 times in 1 year! I'm hoping the drive to Utah goes as smoothly as the drive from Florida to Missouri did.

Considering this post has no pictures, I'll understand if you've stopped reading it already. For those that are interested, here's some additional information:

Things I will miss about Missouri:
1. Family. Jane has really enjoyed getting to know her grandparents. When Grandma comes home from work Jane immediately wants to be held by her. She'll lay her head on her shoulder and won't even want to come back to mama for quite some time. Jane always has a smile for Grandpa especially when he lets her touch his mustache. She's even been able to get to know Uncle Nate, Uncle Andy, Aunt Sara, and cousins Aubrey, Caleb, and Paris. Thankfully, they will ALL be moving to Utah before the end of the year! Yay! I do wish we would have had more time with Clair and Dave and their kids Olivia, Paul, and Faith before they moved to Kentucky, but we did share some priceless times.
2. Living in a country house. It is so nice to be able to sit outside with no cars driving by while Jane enjoys the world around her. I'll also miss seeing the deer, wild turkey, and groundhogs around our house. (I won't miss the spiders).
3. Having a cook and maid. Grandma's the cook and believe it or not Grandpa is the maid! So, thanks mom and dad for all the wonderful meals and all the times my dishes magically disappeared. I hope I can handle it in the real world again!

Things I am looking forward to about Utah:
1. Family. Matt has two sisters and their families in Utah. I've already been asked to go out to dinner with just the girls. It made me think of how long it's been since I've been with "just girls." Family=instant friends.
2. Sycamore trees on Center Street in Provo. I LOVE these trees. I used to plan my running route around them. They look like they belong in a watercolor painting.
3. Autumn colors on the mountains. During the fall it looks like the entire mountain is changing color. It's beautiful!
4. Huge floating snowflakes. I like standing beneath street lamps to watch all the snowflakes as the fall towards me.
5. A random tree in Provo. I can't wait to see a certain tree I used to pass when walking to BYU campus. I think my friend Laura pointed it out to me. It truly is a great tree, and I've seen it go through all the seasons many times.

Utah, here we come!

4 comments:

Laura Read said...

I'm jealous. I can picture it now. You, Megan, Kate, having mommy-baby time all together. Laughing, and enjoying that feeling of real friendship were you don't have to make some silly effort to get to know each other, because you already do. Maybe you can sit in front of my favorite tree and it will be like I am there too!
Hope the drive goes well for you.

Megan said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited!! You best be calling me like the SECOND you get here! :)

Shauna said...

im thrilled. seriously! yes!

Clair Dickson said...

boo hoo- don't go. Enjoyed the post and the things you appreciated about Missouri. I am homesick. But I am glad for you to be moving on- God bless and hope the move is smooth. Love you sis.