Each week passes in a blur but we do get a few minutes here and there to enjoy each other. Tonight Hank pointed to the living room chair and told me to sit down and watch him. Then he ran and jumped around from couch to ottoman to window seat. He was going wild and I couldn't stop laughing. Then he dropped his pants and made shooting noises and I asked him what he was doing. He told me, as if it was obvious, that he was doing poo bombs.
Lately Hank has been on a really big "baby" kick. He is always a baby something. He always states it like this, "I nam a baby ______." This week we had baby dog, baby frog, baby hippo, baby Boba Fet, and a baby clouded leopard. The clouded leopard was particularly hard to understand. I finally narrowed it down to leopard and took to google to help me pinpoint. I kept trying to tell him he was saying spotted leopard and he kept saying, "No, Touded Leper!" One google search later I was guessing clouded leopard and he confirmed. Just another animal they've learned about on their favorite show, The Wild Kratts.
It's really crazy how long the weather has stayed pleasant here this year. The kids have still been enjoying playing outside. Jane, especially, absolutely loves climbing trees. She has learned how to get in and out of the big maple tree in the front so she loves to be in that one.
Pete got his hands on a little medicine container of ear drops. He must have thought it looked like Matt's saline nasal spray because he kept sticking it up his nose with the lid on and snorting.
Jack asked me to put his school drawing in his keepsafe. I thought that was an excellent alternate name for a keepsake box.
Jack wanted me to make microwave popcorn today but I told him I had to put Pete to bed first. He didn't like that answer so when he spotted an old note he had given me that said, "To Mom. I love you. From Jack." he threatened to throw it in the trash. This is very common for Jack so I mostly ignored it, but acted sad. He came back in the room, also sad now, and said that he just couldn't do it. He held it over the trash can but just couldn't drop it in because he knew how much he loved me. Such a sweetie, when he isn't trying to bully me into giving him what he wants. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the updates. You guys are clearly busier than I am and still find time to blog, so I'm determined to make some time to document the lives of these little kiddos of mine.
Thank you for your blog.It really helps me keep in touch. So wish we could have done this when our children were small. My mom would have loved it.
Post a Comment