October 10, 2015

Jane's birthday!

Apparently Saturday night is the new Sunday.  I'm at the library but wanted to make sure I got this blog post written for the week (also known as procrastinating the paper I need to write).

Jane turned 9 on Monday! She said that nine seems much older than eight.  She was such a sweetheart on her birthday--very thankful for everything, and not whiney at all. :)  Such a good characteristic in a person, don't you think?  Anyway, Jane had doughnuts in the morning with candles, and I made her spaghetti for dinner.  She had a great day.  Her party was Saturday night.  She had a Night Owl party and we had pizza and cupcakes, opened presents, then played yard games in the dark with lots of glow bracelets everywhere.  One friend slipped out of an apple tree and scraped up her back.  All the girls huddled around and made sure she was ok.  The friend didn't want to run around so everyone put on a glow stick dance for her.  All in all I think it was a pretty fun party.  Hopefully I can get some of the pics that Matt took and put them here later.

Hank was telling me that he was full and said, "My tummy say my tummy is full."  Then he laughed a little and said, "Actually my brain say my tummy is full."

Jack was telling me that he got so hot on the playground in his sweatshirt because he and his friends kept getting chased by girls.  Jane said, "That means they like you.  And I've gotta admit, you're pretty cute."

No comments: