If you stop by our house, chances are you will find Jane either in her pajamas or a princess dress. She got a beautiful handmade Cinderella dress from her Grandma Jespersen that she loves to wear.


She wore a fancy dress for decorating the tree though. She had a blast, which was nice, because I didn't have to do much.
Now, quote time.
Matt asked, "Jane, you'll still be my friend even when you're old?" Jane said, "Yeah, and I will live at this house when I have 8 kids. And you can have some of them. And you can keep them like I can keep Sharon's Polly Pockets."
Jane's rice had gotten cold so I warmed it up in the microwave. She tried it and spit it out. I asked, "Is it too hot?" She said, "Yeah, it tastes different. It tastes like California."
I said, "Jane, your eye looks red."
Jane said, "No it doesn't."
"Yes it does."
"Mom, if you say that one more time I'm going to pound you."
Matt was laying in bed and Jane came in to wake him up. He had a slightly swollen eye from a stye for several days. She asked, "Dad, what happened to you?" Matt said, "I got hit by a freight train." Jane followed up with, "And what did it do to your eye?"
When Matt's stye got better Jane looked at him and said, "Dad! Your eye is better! You can put me to bed now." She had been on a long streak of only picking me to put her to bed.
One day I woke up and my hair was pretty crazy. Jane asked, "What's wrong with your hair?" I said, "I don't know, but can I have a hug?" She looked at me warily and said, "I'll shake your hand."
Jane said the word, "freaking" at the dinner table. I told her I didn't like that word. She said, "I hate that word a little bit. Don't freaking say it." A minute later she pointed to the gingerbread house and said, "Mom, a freaking icicle."
Jane pretends that her hands are horses. One day in the bath she was playing with her horses. She announced, "This horse is not Jesus but it can walk on water."
After talking to Jane about blondes and brunettes she said to Matt, "Hey, Dad, you have a bunch of grey hair."
"Yeah I do."
"So you're a bertato."
"A potato?"
"No, a bertato."
"Oh, ok."
"Hey there bertato."
Matt was helping Jane get dressed and her head was in his armpit. Jane said, "Dad, you smell good." "Oh yeah?" "Yeah, you smell like restaurants."
One day we went to D.I. (a thrift store). I was browsing the shirts and Jane kept picking out all the old lady floral ones and telling me how beautiful they were. She eventually picked out a shirt that I thought was kind of cute too so I tried it on. I didn't like it after all. Jane said, "Well, if it doesn't fit you then I want it when I'm bigger." She was sad to see it go.
One day Jane asked me, "Does Jesus have a bum?"
Jane walked into the kitchen wearing her pink princess dress and dark tinted sun glasses. She asked, "Do you know why she wears glasses?" I said no. She explained, "She's blind. She wears her pink glasses when she goes dancing because she likes to match."
And that's all we've got!









5 comments:
Awesome! That Jane never ceases to crack me up.
This post made me laugh out loud so much that I made Kurt read it too. She is hilarious.
I love the miraculous horse.
Okay, seriously? It's 1/18, and there's still no Jack post for December, let alone Jane & Jack posts for January. I live for updates!
Jane is so awesome!
Post a Comment