February 28, 2010

February's Pictures

Oh, Project 365. We weren't friends this month. I actually did fun stuff, made fun stuff, and went fun places but did I take pictures of that? No. Instead I continue to wander around aimlessly after the kids are in bed thinking, "what should I take a picture of?" Ten of the pictures this month were taken very late at night in a desperate attempt to not forget a day. Three days I did forget. So that leaves just 15 real pictures from the month. I'm pretty sure that's not the point of this project. I think I should take a page from my sister's book and throw in the towel. But first I'll try to take more interesting photos in March and we'll see how that goes. Without further ado:


1. A pair of Sanuk's from Ross for just 9.99!
2. A homemade camera bag using an old sweater, an old onesie, and some scrap fabric.


3. Jane is very into putting things in certain places. As you can see it's hard to know if this is simply a mess or a very carefully placed masterpiece. Sometimes she'll wake up in the morning so upset that I moved her stuff that was in it's special place. It's made cleaning up the house a bit trickier.
4. Jane made some sun-catchers for Valentine's Day.


5. A fun day at the hotel pool. Jack's first time in the pool. He didn't smile but he didn't complain and we were in it a long time.
6. Jane bawled when we had to leave the dance after a wedding. Within a minute of getting in the car she was passed out.


7. Jack claps for the first time.
8. Ok, this wasn't taken on the 8th. And it wasn't taken by me. I forgot to take a picture. But this is a pic of me and Candis on Feb. 4th at Target. My leg was bothering me so I opted for the electric shopping cart. I haven't laughed that hard in a very, very long time.


9. Jack gets better at standing.
10. A very fun cooking group night. We learned how to use fondant.


11. Here's the V-day petit fours we made at cooking group. Adorable, right? See? If you take a picture after midnight it can count for the next day too.
12. Surgery day. Here's my compression hoses.


13. Matt helped Jane make Valentine's Day cookies.
14. Jane went on a picture scavenger hunt to find her Valentine's Day goodies.


15. Jane and Jack play.
16. Matt (what in the world?) and Ella.

17. Jane and I did some activities about fruits and veggies and made our 5-a-Day charts. (yes, I think it's 7 Your Way now, but that's not nearly as catchy).
18. Jack continues to stand all day long.

19. After remembering how to make a butterfly with her hands, Jane played with her baby butterfly all day.
20. Jane went to an awesome birthday party. Here she is playing with an animal from the petting zoo. I didn't take this picture. You can find it here with a bunch of other pics showing the awesomeness of the party.

21. Jane's drawing. Can you spot the house, sun, rose, rainbow, and "something high for the people to look at?"
22. My drawing.

23. We went to a knights and princesses party. Jack was the dragon. A big thanks to Jack for hardly growing since Halloween.
24. Matt, about to get set up at the kitchen table to continue his editing.

25. A cute little shirt from Aunt Tammy. And if you look closely you can see Jack's gums turning white from his teeth that need to come in. Come in already!
26. Jane likes to pretend that she's getting married.


27. I get to go walking now. It's pretty fun but a lot of work just trying to actually get out of the house!
28. I'm obsessed with Jane's drawings right now. She's always drawing something. I just loved this picture of me and the ladybug.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

1. What are Sanuks? Am I a weirdo because I don't know the answer?
2. I didn't realize you put sprinkles on top of your pink heart. I love it! And your roses are perfect.
3. I wish I could make Danny play with his finger butterfly all day long.
4. We should coincide our walks on Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings.
5. I was going to do project 365 but only in March. That was my plan back in January. Then you posted yours and I didn't want to copy you. Now I'm kind of glad I didn't. It looks like a lot of work. I don't like work.

Christina said...

I saw you out walking while driving back from the dry cleaner on Friday. Hope we can go log some miles soon since running together won't be happening any time soon. I need a little activity in my life. And a break. Walking could fulfill both of those needs.

Candis Ellis said...

I know you hate project 365, but I love it! It is my most looked forward to post of yours...so keep it up, please :)

A month to remember, I'd say. Target, fondant, buying bracelets...hmmm.

Ella said...

Cathy: 1. Hilarious. I didn't know either. The people at the check out were like "everyone who buys these is just so excited. They can't believe we sell them" And Candis of course, knew all about them.
4. What time do you usually go walking?!!! Also, read C's comment and my comment back to her. You should walk in the evenings with us.
5. Dude! You must do March-31! You take excellent pics. My sister did it. She posted almost everyday and her pics were great. Please don't let me get in the way of preserving precious memories!

Christina: Yes, running group should definitely return in the form of walking!! That was such a blast. And it will definitely be more fun without all the labored breathing getting in the way. I think Daylight Savings will be giving us some more light in the evening hours.

Candis: Wow, you either LOVE this post or you pretty much want to puke when you read my other ones. But thank you. I will continue. And I will wear the bracelet today.

Kate said...

Ella, I think you should quit cleaning the house all together and when people start making comments about piles of junk scattered throughout your house, you just tell them Jane did it. I might try that. Are you losing a ton of weight? You look super skinny. I can't imagine what you will look like now that you are back to exercising. I like your 365 too, I think you shouldn't give up.

Clair said...

sorry about the 365- but you are doing great and don't you think you are getting some gems that you might not get otherwise? i did (past tense) i especially like the one about jane's mess/ or masterpiece- kids are so funny about things. Love you. I see some conversation hear about a pic a day for a month- i was thinking that that is what i did- i just named the project wrong.